Finding the best air compressor for your framing work is not an easy task. Now you are wondering how you will choose the right air compressor for framing crew. Because there are so many brands and models at different prices. Then which will be the most suitable air compressor for your work?
Don’t be panicked. Because I am going to minimize your toil by introducing you with some of the best air Compressors for the farming crew in this guide.
There are some points to consider while buying an air compressor. They include the size of the tank, portability, required horsepower and so on. Our experts have studied these things and found the best air compressors that are optimum regarding productivity, time and money.
So, let’s guide you to the right air compressor for your work. Just go through the reviews and consider the features of the products. You will find the ultimate shortlist of air compressors for your framing work.
Table of Content:
We have researched and selected top pick products in the following table to give you an idea about them quickly. You can check any of them with details that may fulfill your purpose.
- 5 Best Air Compressor For Framing Crew Reviews 2020
- What Size Of Air Compressor Do You Need For The Framing Crew?
- What Are The Considerable Factors For Buying An Air Compressor For Framing?
Are you facing problems in choosing the right product? We sorted them comparatively for your easy understanding and quick overview.
5 Best Air Compressor For Framing Crew Reviews 2020
Selecting the best air compressor for framing crew among so many products is difficult. They may confuse you and you may choose the wrong product which will be a total wastage of money. So we have gathered the best products for you from our experts’ choice. Furthermore, once you finish with the described product info and details, you will find the one that suits you best for sure.
1. Makita MAC5200 Air Compressor
Makita is a quality Industrial equipment manufacturer with a great reputation in making Air Compressors for framing crews. Makita Big Bore Air Compressor is a cast-iron cylinder with a greater bore, powerful compressor, create less noise also can refill the tank at a faster speed. It increases the level of durability whatever the conditions of the job site. It also provides an automatic filter system air.
It provides additional protection while in operation because it has a thermal overload. It delivers 40 PSI(6.9 CFM) and also 90 PSI(6.5 CFM) which is best for two nailers. Since it possesses an oil-lubricated pump, it produces heat at a low level. You can run this product at an easier maintenance process.
The 5.2-gallon tank sustains an operating pressure of 140 PSI and that ensures enough power for two nailers. You can easily use this with suitable features include hangers tool. It provides air hose wrap for store 50 feet of 3/8 inch air hose with upright handle. The manufacturer also makes you facilitated providing you with one year of free service
Makita MAC5200 Features:
- Powerful 3.0 HP motor produces 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI for increased productivity and continuous working condition
- The machine operates in 120V;13.8 Amps and 1800 watts which is quite low voltage
- Air hose wrap stores as long as 50 feet of 3/8 inches air hose with proper handle folded / upright: you can carry this with you when traveling
- The 5.2-gallon tank sustains an operating pressure of 140 PSI and delivers 40 PSI (6.9 CFM) and 90 PSI (6.5 CFM)
- Cast iron made pump has a Big Bore cylinder and the piston is engineered to provide faster recovery time for improved performance
- Wheels have ensured portability to the Compressor, which can be moved from one place to another and use in both workshops or firms.
- Durability cast iron cylinder which reduces wear and increases pump life also easily maintain and performs well in field working condition
- Lever handle ball valve tank drain the valve improves upon the standard petcock design
- Built-in storage compartment and conveniently stores air fittings, accessories
- Finned discharge tubing for increased heat dissipation and also reduced air moisture
2. DEWALT Air Compressor
DEWALT 225 psi Air Compressor has dual connections that allow users to simultaneously operate up to 3 framing nailers. DEWALT Air Compressor provides a unique, patented high-efficiency motor with a high-pressure pump and also provides a maximum pressure of 225 psi air Compressor with 5.0 SCFM, 90 PSI, so it never loses pressure.
This air compressor is manufactured in the U.S. Metal console protecting not only a display but also the regulator, couplers and gauges. Dewalt Air Compressor allows efficient high-pressure technology for longer pump and motor life.
The D55146 is a heavy-duty, 225 psi air Compressor, 4.5 gallons, 120-volt electric provides hand carry with a mobility kit. It is convenient, oil-free, freely maintains the pump and also easy to move one place to another place. In extension, by Producing 5.0 SCFM at 90 psi it brings the outcome in no time
DEWALT Compressor Features:
- 225 PSI air Compressor max tank storage of 4.5-gallon pressure provides a user with 80% more usable air than the industry leader, tool length is 33.5 inches
- 5.0 SCFM at 90 psi allows the compressor to recover quickly after its initial tank charge is exhausted and refill the tank within the shortest time
- The 10-inch sized non-flat tires allow for easy transportation around the Jobsite; Ehp efficient and high-pressure technology enables for longer motor and pump life.
- Vertical stand feature and collapsible handle allow users to save space by transporting or storing the compressor in a vertical position
- High flow coupler allows for maximum nailer performance in fieldwork
- Efficient high-pressure technology allows for longer pump and motor life
3. Campbell Hausfeld Portable Quiet Air Compressor
Campbell Hausfeld is the best air compressor for impact wrench. Campbell provides an oil-free and maintenance-free facility so you get suitable ownership and year-long service. It doesn’t make any noise so you can use this compressor without any hesitation.
An impact wrench is one type of socket wrench power tool which is specially manufactured to provide high power torque. This wrench gives a smoother impulse to an air compressor. There are different sizes of an impact wrench or socket wrench from the size of 1/4 inch for assembling and disassembly. Similarly, these drives are in larger sizes of 3 1/2 for major types of construction. These Air Compressors work absolutely fine with these wrenches.
It gives 68 dBA, air compressor for framing works. It possesses 50% quite and more soundless units than others. 125 of PSI provides a better comfort project. Portable air compressor with an 8-gallon tank capacity that creates a user-friendly experience. Compared to other 1HP air compressors Campbell comes with 25% more durability than other brands. With the 120 voltages, it finishes the project faster than you expect.
Campbell Hausfeld Features:
- Start projects right away: bundle unit with Campbell 25 ft. Air Hose(PA11770IAV), 17 piece Accessory kit(MP28470IAV).
- Compressors give durability up to four times due to its oil-free,dual-piston pump and free maintenance
- The compressor provides versatile facility for swelling, binding, stapling, elevated and winnowing projects
- The Air compressor has large wheels and durability. You can easily transport this compressor from project to prove
- Air compressor is up to 50% quite than other compressors. Because of producing 68 dB, this Air Compressor is best for indoor and outdoor use.
4. Senco 1-Gallon Compressor
SENCO PC1010 is a very popular one in the name of SENCO 1-gallon air compressor which looks small but it is more powerful than another compressor. It helps in filling the air into both bicycle and motorcycle tires. For nailers or pinners, it can act as effective support, too.
Senco weighs lightweight and comes with easy portability. Now bring it with you wherever you go and use everywhere you want. It can be your best company to perform your day to day activities. Also, there is no need for any additional heat as it is designed with the ultra-quiet operation.
It comes with a low price tag. Senco PC1010 1 horsepower peak electric oil-less compressor. It also gives an ultralight tubeless pump compressor. Direct drive instruction motor or pump for efficient operation is 1 hp ( peak), 5 hp (running), the oil-less motor with 1-gallon air capacity, the aluminum tank has 4 amps 115V, 120 PSI max output 1/4 inch quick and fast disconnect coupler.
Senco 1-Gallon Features:
- Easily carry this air compressor from one site to another site as per work
- 1 horsepower peak is given, 1/2 horsepower running and it has a one-gallon capacity
- This air compressor is ideal for a range of renovation and home improvement jobs.
- Without interrupting jobs the compressor performs 1 horsepower when on-peak and 1/2 horsepower while running
- It is useful for both hobbies and crafts, in case of low investment and smaller choice this can be a good choice
- It can easily deliver 20 to 44 drives per minute as per work
- This air compressor comes with an awesome one year warranty
5. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor
The Bostitch oil-free Air Compressor is a durable and awesome make from Bostitch. It is also portable and lightweight along with two universal couplers to easily support two users.
Bostitch has a unique feature which is an oil-free compressor that is hassle-free and easy to maintain. It gives a better and high-efficiency motor with an oil-free compressor. To run this air compressor it doesn’t require daily maintenance and eliminates the risk of oil stains on surfaces.
It provides maximum tank storage upto 150 PSI for longer working tenure. Therefore, it can bring the highest outcome at less running time. At only 29 Ibs weight, this unit is easy for both to carry and also for use. It comes with max tank storage PSI=150, oil-free pump, Electric power supply, SCFM 90 PSI=2.6, and tank size of 6 gallons.
BOSTITCH Pancake Features:
- Bostitch has a powerful motor for a quick start-up in both warm and cold weather or extension cord application ( 50 ft. 15.2 m or less, 14 ha or larger)
- 78.5 dba which is given operational noise level for a quiet work environment
- 150 max PSI 6.0-gallon tank (22.7L) and 2.6 SCFM is delivered 90 PSI pump
- High flow regulator and coupler to maximize air tool performance
- For convenient use, it gives long life oil-free and also maintenance-free pump
What Size Of Air Compressor Do You Need For The Framing Crew?
Different sizes of compressors in the market are helpful for framing crew but identifying the actual size needs some factors to be seen properly.
For air supply
The air supply is a vital need for an air compressor. CFM (cubic feet per minute) is an indicator of this count. The more CFM, the more air supply the compressor will get. But in case of a small air compressor, 2-4 CFM is enough.
For holding capacity
It totally depends on your needs. Usually, small air compressors have tanks ranging from 1 to 6 gallons. For light work, 1 or 2 gallons is enough. But if it needs to be, you have to select the compressor with more volume. A larger tank is capable of holding more air and thus continuously works without any interruption for refilling the tank.
For power supply
An air compressor for framing work can be run with 220V that is commonly used at our house. But it can extend to up to 240V if needed. And in case of the unavailability of electric supply, gasoline can be used for power supply.
If you don’t need to move the air compressor, you can use a pancake-shaped compressor that is suitable for better placement. But if you need to move it, you should select a model which is easy to carry.
Among the above features, we may need to choose which size is required for your business.
What Are The Considerable Factors For Buying An Air Compressor For Framing?
If you are looking for an air compressor for your framing work, you might go for the best for sure. But in order to buy the best, you have to check some features. Therefore go through the technical issues we have identified below with a buying guide to find the best air compressor for framing crew.
CFM indicates how much is the speed of air supplied to the compressor. If the CFM is high, it means air supplies to the compressor is fast. But you need to know your required tool and then figure out the right CFM.
Horsepower is another indicator for choosing your tool. More horsepower means more power. So, you have to make sure at first that what kind of work you will operate by the compressor. Then it’s better to consider the right horsepower.
Consider the tank size
This also depends on your work. The tank may be 1 gallon to 6 gallons in size. In light of work, you can perform with a small tank. But big tanks can hold more air. You will be able to finish your work without any interruption. In the large tank, the tank refills before decreasing the pressure which is a great advantage. You must use a large tank if your work requires a high volume of air.
PSI means pounds per square inch- which is also a considerable point. Most air compressors are affiliated with enough PSI. The minimum required pressure is 90 PSI. But to get better performance, keep it above 120 PSI. The advantage of high PSI is that it allows more air reserve though the tank is small.
In case of choosing a small air compressor, keep the noise level ranging from 60-87 decibels. Be careful about these numbers. Because the noise will get doubled if the level is increased by 10 decibels. The noise of 70 decibels is double the noise of 60 decibels. So, try to select the compressor with fewer decibels to avoid sound pollution.
At first, think about the place you will work in. Do you really need portability? If you need to move the compressor, choose a model that is easy to carry. If you needn’t, then choose a model which is suitable to keep in a place.
Most small air compressors are oil-free nowadays. It’s easy to maintain them. Because you don’t have to think about changing oil every month.
Why Would You Buy An Air Compressor For Framing?
For framing work, you have to not only accomplish your task properly but also fast. In this regard, an air compressor can help you. And you should buy the best air compressor for the framing crew to fulfill your requirements. Then you can get a better output.
Get a quick output
You can work fast with an air compressor. You can complete a number of projects in a limited time. Your labor will be decreased a lot with the help of an air compressor. This will help you to run a more profitable business.
An air compressor can increase your productivity many times. When you use traditional tools for your framing work, your tasks may be incomplete or inaccurate. But with the help of an air compressor, this possibility decreases a lot.
Conducting an air compressor is so easy that anyone can handle it. And the maintenance is also easy. If you use it regularly and give the proper environment to function, there will be no trouble. You have to just check the filter and oil( if used). That’s it.
When you buy an air compressor, you will get drills, screwdrivers and power sanders. That will give you an effective toolbox. You can perform any work related to framing crew when you buy an air compressor.
Save time and money
Conducting an air compressor won’t need too much electricity. So you don’t have to think about the expense of maintaining the compressor. Choosing a better one will get result in less time and will also save your money too.
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ How many CFM do I need for a framing nailer?
✅ Do framing air compressors need pressure gauges?
✅ Can I run a framing air compressor on battery power?
✅ How much psi do you need for a nail gun?
You may intend to an air compressor for better framing work in your budget. So, we tried to give you the proper ideas and to review the best air compressor for the framing crews. Among all our reviewed compressors, you can consider Dewalt 225 PSI Air Compressor as the most effective one for its high productivity, durability and easy maintenance.
We made this guide for you to choose your required tool easily. You should check the market for the best air compressor for framing crew before buying and utilize properly. That’s why you need the best product at a reasonable price. If you have already read the whole review and buying guide, probably you’ve found the right product for you. Now the decision is all yours.