Portable air compressors come with attractive features like portability, low noise, low voltage and many more. Selecting an Air Compressor based on its features is not enough these days, we need to focus on the purpose of why we need one. To find the best air compressor for painting we need to consider the market-leading products.
For general inflation of tires, fillup sports balls and balloons, portable air compressors are the best solution. Not only that, for spray painting and other purposes they are helpful to serve properly. For general household and car painting, few models are the best fit in the market.
Table of Content:
All of our top pick products are listed in the following table. You may have a look at the list for your preferred one.
- 5 Best Air Compressor For Painting Reviews 2021
- What Size Air Compressor Do I Need For Painting?
- What Are The Considerable Factors For Buying An Air Compressor For Painting?
- Why Would You Buy An Air Compressor For Spray Painting?
We have organized all the top-notch products in the market for easy understanding. Just have a glimpse of the chart to save your time!
5 Best Air Compressor For Painting Reviews 2021
Selecting the best air compressor for painting is a quite tough job. We have compiled the products with good reviews and recommendations from experts. If you go through the features then it may help you to pick the best one for you. We prepared this list to make you a hassle-free experience for buying.
1. Master Airbrush Cool Runner II Professional G233 Gravity Airbrush Kit
Master Airbrush manufactures professional Airbrush kit with performance equipment which is well known to the users for its great painting features. This is a compact package with paints, cleaning materials, and tips. Its powerful compressor comes with cooling technology that provides long painting performance.
Master airbrush air compressor, G233 model comes with decent built quality and equipped with all service delivery functions with a cooling system, color, tips and cleaning feature. This air compressor provides continuous painting service which makes it investment-worthy equipment. Watercolor based painting systems and cleaning kits are the advanced features that make Master Airbrush a preferred painting system.
This product is really superb with its long time service features, the seals are extremely well and lovely painting accessories. Both beginners and experts may find it handy. Also, it never heats up as it possesses a quality cooling system.
Master Airbrush Features:
- Air Compressor is equipped with Dual Action airbrush set for better performance spray
- Kit includes 0.2, 0.3 and 0.5 mm sized fluid needles and nozzles for Perfect spraying
- Dual Cooling Facility of the compressor does not allow the tank to heat-up while working for a longer time
- The compressor has attached a 3.0 Litre air storage tank to provide continuously
- Compressor kit included 25 pcs cleaning accessories
- The Color kit is water-based color compatible which is easy to clean and maintain
- Five years of Replacement or refund warranty coverage is the best offer for the Air Compressors
- The compressor is easy to handle for newbies to start working in inflation or any kind of spray paint.
2. Makita MAC700- Electric Air Compressor
Makita MAC700 is a quality Electric Air Compressor that matches the needs of automobile workshops and other mechanical workshops. The performance of the pump incorporates low noise and low voltage. Therefore, it is safe from burning due to low electricity or any other demurrages. After several revisions from previous models, Makita produced this one with user-friendly features. This air pump gives maximum output in minimum time length.
Makita MAC700 is a cast iron built big bore cylinder and piston which provides maximum performance. Being a 1720 RMP pump, it’s low noise and protected with low voltage facilities. The pump is oil-lubricated and comes with a one year warranty. Monthly condensation allows it to perform well for years.
This is an excellent compressor that runs smoothly and fulfills small demands in-home or workshop. With monthly maintenance, it runs for year and year with great performance. Makita MAC700 is one of the best air compressors for painting in the market.
Makita MAC700 Features:
- Makita MAC700 is an Electric Powered Compressor with low watt consumption and better performance. Its electric consumption is 120 Volts.
- This portable compressor has a 2.0 HP Powerful motor to provide continuous air pressure
- This is one of the smallest Oil-Lubricated Air Compressor with smooth operation and low maintenance hassle
- The compressor is specially built for indoor or home use with low noise features. The sound is kept under control with a silent Electric motor.
- The compressor comes with One-year warranty coverage and ensures quality service from the manufacturer’s side.
3. Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor
Campbell Hausfeld portable quiet air compressor -gallon air compressor is quite heavy-duty performance equipment. Being a small compressor it gives excellent services to some other brands. makes the sentence more lucid, suggestion: It requires a necessary amount of oil to stay workable year after year.
This air compressor comes with a dual-piston pump that has hassle-free supports for small scale and quality inflation, painting, fastening, stapling and bolting projects. It’s also easy to handle for its excellent gripper and large wheel. For home or small-scale use, this compressor is an excellent choice. Due to its quiet and easy to move features, it’s appreciated by most of the users.
This gas-powered unit is adorably fit for small scale use with its quiet feature. This works very fine till 8-10 hrs per day and works better than other oil-lubed compressors. For home and light use, this compressor is really great. It is also ASME certified.
Campbell Hausfeld Features:
- Campbell produced compressors that are 50% quieter than other compressors. They produce less noise and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- This air compressor model is designed for versatile use in both home and small scale workshops to perform well.
- The air tanks are maintenance-free and easy to handle. For individual use, regular maintenance for air tanks is quite tough. Cleaning them weekly and even monthly will do the trick in this case.
- The product is equipped with Dual-piston Motor which gives powerful output for continuous airflow, its portable in design and easy to handle.
- The compressor set includes a 25 ft Air hose and a 17 pcs of accessories to handle from the inflation task to spraying paint.
4. California Air Tools 8010
California Air tools Portable Air Compressor is an ultra-quiet model which is a proper choice for both houses and shops. Its sound level is low as 60 Decibels and fills its tank within 165 Seconds. For a small scale use, this Oil-free Pump will be extremely suitable. Additional Wheel and Air filter kit made it more useful in any workplace.
California Air tools are considered as the best air compressor for painting cars. Its 1.0HP powerful motor allows it to provide 3.00 CGM at 40 PSI to 2.20 CFM at 90 PSI. The pressure comes up to 120 PSI for better performance. Users preferred this Compressor for painting cars and other household tasks.
The well-researched butterfly drain valve makes the maintenance and water drainage easy. Portability is another added advantage for its large wheel and steel handle. Moreover, the Compressor is very power efficient.
California 8010 Features:
- California Air tool is equipped with a 1.0 HP motor which gives the required level of power for perfect output. Comparatively the electric consumption is very low, at 110 volts. So, the electrical parts are capable of working in low voltage and risk-free.
- This air compressor produces 40 PSI to 90 PSI (maximum pressure 120 PSI) air pressure to perform well in tire inflation, spraying, and other tasks.
- This is an Oil-Free low maintenance compressor that gives less hassle to the user and runs at a good pace year after year.
- The compressor is equipped with Ultra-Quiet features to work in house and any shops.
- The good RPM motor ensures the tank fills with air fast and gives the necessary air supply for a longer time. Even the tank is refilled quickly to continue spraying works.
5. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor
Craftsman 6 Gallon Air Compressor is a performance Pancake Air Compressor for different types of tasks. This maintenance-free compressor works fine with tire inflating in houses or workshops. This ready-to-use product, just put out from the box and we are able to start using it. A one-year limited warranty covers all technical issues from the manufacturers.
From carpentry to inflation tasks, this is great equipment for craftsmanship. Its 150 PSI maximum tank handles the task better than conventional market products. The compressor performs excellently in both cold and warm weather which has been considered by the manufacturer very well.
Craftsman Pancake compressor ensures high-pressure air supply to inflate passenger van tires. This is also easily portable for its steady and durable design features. The whole set is made with durable materials and with rubberized extension feet. And the Oil-free pump gives low maintenance hazards for individual or small workshop users.
Craftsman 6 Gallon Features:
- Craftsman air compressors are designed with a 6 Gallons tank, which is pancake-shaped with great stability and grip. Due to its design, this compressor has good handling features from movement to ground support.
- It produces up to 150 Max PSI for continuous spraying for any type of inflation, cleaning or spraying task.
- Craftsman compressors run in quite low voltage of 120V, where the electrical fixtures are quite compatible with low voltage protection.
- The air compressor has an attached 13 pcs accessory kit: 24’ PVC air hose, coupler, and plug assembled, blow gun with plug, blow gun with OSHA safety nozzle, tire chuck with plug, rubber tip, three inflator adaptors, etc.
- This product comes with 1-year limited warranty coverage.
What Size Air Compressor Do I Need For Painting?
A simple Air Compressor with proper CFM and a proper gallon will be enough to do paintings. The continuous air supply is necessary for the proper painting job.
An Air compressor that is powerful enough to give suitable air pressure and fill the tank fast will work fine. From 1-2Hp, a good PSI air compressor will do the trick and give the necessary input in painting.
For Car painting, it requires a 60 Gal tank with 5-6 HP compressor which gives proper CFM to give proper output to spray gun. The required range is 14-18 at 90 PSI. If there is a smaller air compressor it will also do the trick but while spraying we should be careful enough. We should not overspray on the clear coat, for that we need proper preparation and fillup the tank before spraying, it may take 2/3 times to fillup the tank to cover a full car.
What Are The Considerable Factors For Buying An Air Compressor For Painting?
Selecting a perfect air compressor for spray painting requires market research and understanding of the features. After going through the features of each compressor, we can reach a decision for proper air compressor:
For professional usage, the craftsman prefers to buy a large tank to work uninterruptedly and for a longer time. But floor space is also a considerable fact too. For smaller purposes and DIY lovers use smaller and easy to move Air Compressor for their comfort.
For color spraying a 1 to 2 HP Air Compressor is enough which gives proper CPM up to 6 and 30-40 PSI in personal and non-industrial use. On the other hand, small 6 gallon compressors perform well enough for small scale painting works.
CFM and PSI:
Before going through the PSI and CFM, we need to understand the elaboration first. Pounds per square inch (PSI) does not mean more PSI is better. Similarly, Cubic feet per minute (CFM) is also a measurable entity. Higher CFM compressor is faster which makes high performing pain spray work well.
While buying an Air Compressor the CFM and PSI should be matched with requirements or the equipment will go in vain.
Using an Air Compressor requires some hands-on expertise. Individual users prefer the oil-less air compressor for maintenance-free handling. Additionally, it requires these compressors works better in well-ventilated rooms for good performances.
Oiled or Oil-less Air Compressor:
In recent days, individuals are attracted to Oil-Free Air compressor due to its fewer maintenance features. This Oil-less Air Compressor has no hassle of regular take care. Monthly once is enough. Oiled Compressors are for large and industrial use which give more performance and with technological advancement.
Noise is a common feature from Air Compressor. In industrial cases, there is high dB sound which is harmful to health. But in case of smaller tasks, people now depend on noise-free air compressors which have less dB sound. So, there could be two things, we go for smaller noise-less compressors or take the necessary initiative to make Air Compressor chambers Noise Proof.
Purchasing an Air Compressor depends on different requirements, such as for tire fillup or painting, etc. For painting, the Kit should include Air tools to have a technical advantage.
As a commercial use buyer, we should go for higher performance compressors, whatever the price is. But, in the case of small individual use, the portable and pancake-shaped are the best choice which is reasonable in price and affordable.
Why Would You Buy An Air Compressor For Spray Painting?
Continuous painting tasks require a regular flow of Air Pressure which is supplied by the Air Compressor. So, if we intend to buy a Paint Sprayer we should go for a suitable one the features below:
- A performance Air Compressor with low horsepower (HP) gives the required force to fill the tank with air and provides better output. In consideration of portable compressors, those with 1.0-2.0 HP will be perfect for spray painting.
- The necessary amount of Air pressure provides a steady flow of air supply for painting. Due to irregular ai flow the spray output can be ruined. So, compressor giving output from 30-40 PSI to upwards air pressure will do the job.
- Air Compressors consuming high voltage cause expense and a threat to shocking hazards. While choosing a proper compressor a Low Voltage Pump should be in the choice list.
- Common spray painting works are done by newbies or DIY peoples, so they use this machine in their garage or working shade. Being loud has health issues in selecting a Quiet and Soundless compressor will be wise.
- Air compressors with Oil-less function are easy to maintain and has less hazard. These can be maintained once in a week or monthly. For portable and home use, Oil-less compressors are the best fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ What is a good size air compressor for spray painting?
✅ Can I use my air compressor for painting?
✅ When to change air compressor oil?
✅ How often to drain the Air compressor tank?
✅ Can air compressor drain battery?
In accordance with your need, we have reviewed some of the best performance portable Air compressors. From there the most adorable one could be California Air Tools for its ultra-quiet, portable and good performance. It could be a profitable investment for your vehicle and home tasks.
An Air compressor with excellent features can not only help us, but we should also have plans to utilize them too. For a budget-friendly best air compressor for painting could be one from the reviewed pieces. So, keep on it!