Are you looking at those aesthetic sider exteriors? Trendy yet so elegant! I know you want just that exact Hardie sider for your house as well. Well then, do not just stare at those trims. Pack up your tools and start making your ones.
We cannot start our dream project with any random nail gun. So, why not pick up the best nail gun for Hardie trim first? That sure sounds like a plan. So, sit tight and prepare yourself to take some notes as we are about to begin our quest.
Table of Content:
The following table of content will let you know what the content actually contains.
- 9 Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim Reviews in 2021
- 1. MAX USA CORP. CN565S3 Siding Coil Nailer
- 2. Hitachi NT65M2S Nailer
- 3. Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing & Finishing Combo Kit
- 4. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
- 5. DEWALT Brad Nailer Kit
- 6. Metabo HPT NR90AES1 Framing Nailer
- 7. Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic Coil Siding Nailer
- 8. Metabo HPT NT65M2S Finish Nailer
- 9. BOSTITCH Coil Siding Nailer
- What to Consider Before Buying a Nail Gun For Hardie Trim
- How to Install Hardie Siding with a Nail Gun?
- Final Thoughts
Now, before jumping on the details, have a quick check on the following comparison table. This table will give you a better understanding of the features of our top picks.
|MAX USA CORP. CN565S3 Siding Coil Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|Hitachi NT65M2S Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing & Finishing Combo Kit||Check Price On Amazon|
|PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit||Check Price On Amazon|
|DEWALT Brad Nailer Kit, 18GA, 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch (DWFP12231)||Check Price On Amazon|
|Metabo HPT NR90AES1 Framing Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic Coil Siding Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|Metabo HPT NT65M2S Finish Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|BOSTITCH Coil Siding Naile||Check Price On Amazon|
9 Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim Reviews in 2021
Doing research can be a hectic job. However, that is not the case here. We gathered all that you need to find out the best nail gun for Hardie trim. So, let us proceed with the details of each product.
1. MAX USA CORP. CN565S3 Siding Coil Nailer
You might hear the MAX USA CORP by the name of SuperSider. Not to mention, this nail gun for Hardie trim has loads of reasons under its sleeves to get that name. So, let us get to know these.
Firstly, you need to look at the unique design of it. Although the nailer highly focuses on increasing speed, it does not compromise with accuracy. Secondly, you will enjoy the most comfortable control because of the super-efficient contact-arm.
Thirdly, the siding nailer assures you of high-quality safety measures. Nonetheless, simple nail loading reduces the amount of maintenance that makes it a smart choice.
MAX USA CORP Features:
- It has an anti-double mechanism for safer and quicker firing facilities.
- The end-cap filer does not require any further maintenance.
- The nailer features nail loading and an additional protective shield.
- It includes a flexible 360° twist deflector for exhaustion and a casing to carry everything.
- You will get a slim contact-arm for easy guidance.
- As it comes will all the necessary components, you will not need any additional tools.
2. Hitachi NT65M2S Nailer
If you are looking for a light and easy Hardie board nail gun, the Hitachi NT65M2S is a brilliant option. At first, you will notice a smoothen outlook that enhances its professionalism.
Again, you do not have to waste any time thinking, whether you want to switch to bump firing or you just want to stick to the sequential firing. Because this nailer does a superb job with its flipping-switch and controls all the transitions effortlessly.
Besides, the design offers a strong grip-control to make your job easier. Lastly, it does a pretty good job of protecting your work surface. And thus, you will get a lot of protective features with this nailer to get a precise result.
Hitachi NT65M2S Features:
- The nailer features an integrated duster with high-quality finishing.
- The duster operates via a button and can take out all the residues in a few seconds.
- You will get both the facilities of sequential firing and bump firing.
- There is an actuation-switch for easy flipping that maintains a smooth transition between the modes.
- It has a good-looking elastomer-grip and sufficient protection shields for easy usage.
- The nailer takes minimum effort to clean and is highly capable of protecting your work-station.
3. Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing & Finishing Combo Kit
If you want a single kit that can perform all your tasks, then there could not be a better option than this Freeman combo kit. Because of the versatile design-pattern of this kit, you can not only do multitasking but also get a smoother transition in between.
After that, let us look at the efficiency of the kit. These combo nailers are compact and well construed. And so, you can do all the heavy jobs and still achieve maximum precision. Moreover, it will also protect yourself from any unwanted accidents.
In total, this Freeman combo kit gives you all the support and safety in a single package. Therefore, it is undoubtedly the best nail gun for Hardie trim. So, invest in it and enjoy the features for years.
Freeman P4FRFNCB Features:
- The nailer kit comes with a rugged canvas carrier for easy transportation.
- It is very versatile and does all sorts of things like fencing, finishing, framing, stapling, and so on.
- The entire structure is strong and can perform both light and heavy nailing tasks.
- The design of the kit allows all the staplers and nailers to work on sidings, floorings, and roofings.
- It has a professional finishing and uses strong, long-lasting materials.
4. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
With this cordless Hardie board nailer kit, you can enjoy the most effortless framing experience. Moreover, the 18-gauge design works perfectly to figure out that tricky adjustments. Not to mention, you can speed up your pace a lot with this additional control.
Not just that, the kit comes with batteries and chargers that saves a lot more time and energy for you. Again, you don’t need to spend any extra money after a compressor. Thus, it cuts out a lot of your worries.
Moreover, you can enjoy super-smooth adjustments with this nailer kit. Lastly, the durable structure accompanies the precise finishing of it. And thus, it makes your job a whole lot easier.
- The nailer operates via batteries and does not require any additional compressor for operation.
- You will get an 18-gauge nail and a steady driving depth that makes adjustments easier.
- The 1.5 A, 20 V Li-ion battery makes the nailer last longer than regular NiCad ones.
- The nailer includes a charger and belt hooks for tool-free usage.
- You will get a release-lever and a wheel to adjust with the kit.
5. DEWALT Brad Nailer Kit
The DEWALT nail gun for Hardie board is capable of taking care of all the trimming jobs in a convenient setting. As a result, you can finish up your work in a short time without even disturbing the workplace.
Moreover, the easy-adjustment features and high-quality jam discharge mechanism helps it to create a simple environment to work. And so, you don’t have to struggle with any jamming issues anymore.
Nonetheless, the 18- gauge and a wide range of nails make it even more versatile. Not to mention, you can take any nails between 5/8 to 2 inches and start the driving process. In conclusion, you get the best nailing experience.
DEWALT Brad Nailer Features:
- The nailer does a pretty good job of collecting all the residues.
- With the jam release feather, you can keep your work surface clean and tidy.
- It features an operating pressure of 70 to 120 psi.
- It is a powerful pneumatic nailer with manageable adjustment features.
- The nail gun can drive nails between 5/8 to 2 inches.
6. Metabo HPT NR90AES1 Framing Nailer
If you take a look at the other best nail guns for trim, you will notice that most of them are not compatible with a wide range of nail types. However, that is not the case with this framing nailer.
As you notice the components carefully, you will see that the Metabo nail kit offers you a superb versatility of nail sizes. That is why it is capable of doing several nailing jobs at the same time.
Also, the kit comes in a lightweight body that makes it even easier to work. Moreover, the nails come with a plastic-coating that adds to the protection. Nonetheless, it is always easy to adjust the nailer and get a pretty precise result while flooring and framing.
Metabo HPT NR90AES1 Features:
- The entire transition process takes minimum time and gives a super-smooth result.
- The nail gun is pretty versatile and can accept a wide range of nail sizes from 2 inches to 3.5 inches.
- You will get a good grip in a super light body. The weight of this nailer is just 7.5 pounds.
- The nailer covers up an angle of 21 degrees and works best for framing.
- It offers an easy trigger-transition and simple depth adjustment.
7. Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic Coil Siding Nailer
If you are looking for a lightweight nail gun for Hardie trim, this Freeman pneumatic nailer can be a brilliant choice for you. However, don’t judge it by appearance only. This small nailer can give maximum precision on any type of trim.
Again, the construction design focuses on the versatility of the job. And so, you can do framing, fencing, flooring, and many other things.
Also, the nailer is compact and handy. As a result, it gets easier to work on those smaller projects with it. Nevertheless, it is a handy nail gun that deserves to be in your garage without any doubt.
Freeman PCN65 Features:
- The entire structure is made of high-quality materials and is lightweight.
- It can hold magazines up to 400 nails that make it dependable.
- It features easy depth-adjustments and performs best for fencing and sheathing.
- You will get a set of convenient and long-lasting accessories with the kit.
- The nail gun features adjustable firing-depth.
8. Metabo HPT NT65M2S Finish Nailer
This Metabo finish nailer offers you the most efficient and safe design structure. You will get the hang of it in no time. Now, coming to the safety measures, you will get a no-mar tip that ensures you the best protection.
Not just that, you will also get an additional shield on top. And so, it will further add to your protection. Again, the nailer accepts several sizes of fasteners and has an easy 360° adjustment.
Lastly, it offers you with super-efficient exhaustion facilities. And so, you can control all the dust in a short time. Nonetheless, use it and ensure a much cleaner space to work.
Metabo HPT Features:
- You will get a super-flexible exhaust-port that can offer 360 degrees of adjustment.
- The nailer can accept sizes starting from 1 inch to 2.5 inches.
- It has a switch for easy flip actuation that helps it to do the transitions.
- The nailer includes a no-mar tip and a duster button for a safer and cleaner workplace.
- You can set the depth you want from your drive dial with this nailer.
9. BOSTITCH Coil Siding Nailer
The BOSTITCH siding nailers have gained a lot of popularity over the years for their user-friendly design. The manageable nail-depth adjustments make your job super-quick.
Moreover, the adjustable exhaust keeps everything tidy. Not to mention, the soft rubber protectors ensure to keep your timber safe from any harsh-contractions. Therefore, this nail gun an ideal choice for softer timbers.
Also, the precise control helps you to get on those corners. Lastly, you will get a high magazine capacity that makes it a reliable option to purchase. Nevertheless, choose it and enhance the efficiency of your working space.
BOSTITCH Coil Features:
- It can drive both plastic coil nails and wire weld nails.
- You will get a magazine capacity of 300-nails with this nail gun.
- The nailer consists of an aluminum design that makes it super light.
- It allows you to set the depth separately for every operation.
- The nailer has a superb exhaustion facility to keep everything tidy.
What to Consider Before Buying a Nail Gun For Hardie Trim
Nail guns are fascinating. However, you need to pay quite an amount for these. So, instead of trying out products to learn the privileges, let us try the reverse technique.
That is right. Here are the things that you need to check before getting that best nail gun for Hardie trim.
Remember those bulky nail guns that could not fit anywhere whatsoever? You should never buy that kind of stuff. Instead, look for a handy option. As a result, the small-sized design will help it to fit in the corners easily.
Imagine, you spent a lot of money on buying that fancy-looking nailer. However, it turned out to be a fragile nail gun. So, what would be the point? Therefore, try to look at the options that include high-quality galvanized steel. Again, aluminum nail guns will also do a brilliant job.
Depth-adjustment features can drastically speed up your pace. Also, it will help you to get on those tricky spots without any manual adjustments. So, look for easy depth adjustments.
The types of nails might vary depending on what you are doing. Whether you are trimming or siding or even framing, each of the jobs requires different sizes of nails. However, the 2-inch ones work best for Hardie trim.
Bump modes are a great way to deal with continuous firing. It makes the job easier and faster. Moreover, it is safe to use it as well. Therefore, try to look for it in your nail gun.
There could be several types of safety measures. For example, you can have plastic shields for better protection. Again, there are actuation switches and other forms of seal breaks to ensure better safety.
How to Install Hardie Siding with a Nail Gun?
Many of you might be struggling with installing Hardie siding with a nail gun. And so, we present you with some simple steps. Follow them carefully and get rid of the unnecessary hassles.
Attaching Hardie trim:
Start by attaching flattened tabs behind the Hardie trim. You can use a staple gun to do that. After that, add the Hardie trim right by your building.
Driving the nails:
Galvanized nails are perfect for the job. Also, you might even use 8d or 6d stainless nails. However, make sure to do it for 1 inch in depth and keep them 16 inches of intervals. Again, try to pick the 2-inch nails for this task.
Pre-assembling and trimming:
Take a finish nail gun and start the pre-assembling process. Trim the corners, and do not forget to keep your nail gun straight. We recommend you a trimming gun of 15-gauge to do the job.
Frequently Asked Question
We know that you are curious. To be honest, you should be! And so, here, we are tried to answer some of the most common questions that might seem to roam around your minds.
Can you face nail Hardie siding?
Yes. You can face nail Hardie sidings. Keep them about 16 inches apart and choose the 1-inch ones.
Can you staple Hardie board?
Of course, you can staple Hardie board. Make sure to use high-quality galvanized steel, and you are all good to go.
How do you nail Hardie?
You can use a pneumatic nailer and an 8d ring shank to nail Hardie.
Can you use a nail gun on Hardiplank?
You can use it for sure. However, make sure to use corrosion-resistant ones with electro-galvanized nails.
What kind of nail gun do you use for the Hardie board?
Hardie boards are rough. So, we use pneumatic nail guns in general.
Can you use a finish nailer for a trim?
You can use a finish nailer for sure. So, try to pick up a 15-gauge nailer.
Can I use a roofing nailer for Hardie siding?
Roofing nailers are not ideal for Hardie sidings due to their weird head designs and thickness. However, you can still cover up the heads and use the ¼ inch ones.
What size nails do you use for Hardie siding?
It is better to use either the 6d stainless steel or 8d one. Again, the nail size might vary between 1¾ to 2⅔ inches.
Is Hardie board better than vinyl siding?
Absolutely. Hardie boards are better than vinyl sidings as they are much durable and user-friendly.
How long does Hardie board last?
Hardie boards can last for up to 50 years. Moreover, it lasts even more if you take good care.
You see, Hardie trim projects need a bit more effort than the other ones. And so, the best nail gun for Hardie trim can save up a lot of time and effort for you. For instance, look at the MAX USA CORP nailer.
It has an ease, durability, efficiency, and everything you need from a nail gun. Nonetheless, do your share of research and get your hands on what you think is the best. Till then, good luck with your project!