Crown moldings can be such a hassle. However, instead of nagging about the job, you like working it out and make things easier for you. And so, we are here to take you to the next level by introducing some best nail guns for crown molding.
Besides, a single nail gun alone can create an incredible difference among the preciseness and ease of your work. Nonetheless, you will also get all the facts packed here so that you don’t have to roam around. So, say goodbye to that outdated nailer and treat yourself with the best of the best.
Table Of Content:
Here is a glimpse of the whole content. You will idea what this content actually contains.
- 9 Best Nail Guns for Crown Molding Reviews in 2020
- 1. Makita AF505N Brad Nailer
- 2. NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic Finish Nailer
- 3. Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing & Finishing Combo Kit
- 4. Electric Brad Nailer, NEU MASTER NTC0040
- 5. Hitachi NT65M2S Finish Nailer with Air Duster
- 6. Senco 4G0001N FinishPro 42XP Finish Nailer
- 7. PORTER-CABLE Finish Nailer (PCC792LA)
- 8. Hitachi NT65MA4 Angled Finish Nailer
- 9. Freeman PFN1564 Pneumatic Finish Nailer
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Nail Guns for Crown Molding?
- How to Choose a Nail Gun for Crown Molding?
- Final Thoughts
Quick Comparison Chart For Nail Guns For Crown Molding:
Before jumping to the detailed reviews, let’s have a quick look at the comparison.
|Makita AF505N Brad Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic Finish Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing & Finishing Combo Kit||Check Price On Amazon|
|Electric Brad Nailer, NEU MASTER NTC0040||Check Price On Amazon|
|Hitachi NT65M2S Finish Nailer with Air Duster||Check Price On Amazon|
|Senco 4G0001N FinishPro 42XP Finish Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|PORTER-CABLE Finish Nailer (PCC792LA)||Check Price On Amazon|
|Hitachi NT65MA4 Angled Finish Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
|Freeman PFN1564 Pneumatic Finish Nailer||Check Price On Amazon|
9 Best Nail Guns for Crown Molding Reviews in 2020
Today, we’ve brought you not just one but nine exciting nail guns. Starting from the features to the drawbacks, we will be covering all the details that you will need to know about these best nail guns for crown molding. So, let’s begin.
1. Makita AF505N Brad Nailer
If you are struggling with those narrow intersections, the Makita brad-nailer can be a game-changer for you. First of all, you will get a super-narrow tip of the nose. Therefore, it allows you to get more control over the area and achieve a precise hole.
Again, with the perfect depth of gauge nails for crown molding, this gun will ensure that your work remains safe. Moreover, it has protective bumpers to enhance safety measures.
Nonetheless, you get to enjoy tons of other facilities because of the modern and ergonomic design of it. And so, it is adjustable, versatile, and durable at the same time.
Makita AF505N Features:
- It has a narrow and precise nose that helps it concentrate in a specific region.
- You will get a jam-release facility that is tool-less.
- It is a versatile nailer with depth-adjustment features.
- The nailer design focuses on reducing downtime.
- You can use this nailer for finishing-applications on several types of textures.
- It is flexible and has a rotating-angle of 180 degrees.
- You can protect your working surface with the help of the bumpers and rubber-noses.
The sleek and precise design of this Makita brand nailer makes it perfect for crown molding. Also, you can pull out any project you want with this single nailer alone.
2. NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic Finish Nailer
Are you tired of those heavy and bulky nailers? Well, the NuMax finish nailers might be the perfect partner to go with your crown molding. Because of the strong yet light aluminum-body, you get to enjoy all the durability in a super-convenient weight.
Proceeding further, you get a 16-gauge nail gun for quarter round. Therefore, you can take care of even the thickest trims with it. Again, it has a high-quality grip to prevent shaking.
Not to mention, you can use this nailer for all types of projects. As it has an easy-adjustment, you can customize the depth and set it according to your need.
NuMax SFN64 Features:
- The aluminum structure makes the nailer super-light and adaptable.
- It is a high-quality pneumatic nailer of 16-gauge.
- You can use this single piece for all your exterior and interior projects.
- It features customizable adjustment that allows you to set individual depths.
- The nailer provides convenient sequential-firing.
This nailer works brilliantly for any texture or depth. Because of the convenient customizations, you can easily set it up to work on different trims and woods at the same time.
3. Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing & Finishing Combo Kit
We cannot do without a nail gun for crafts and DIY projects. And so, we tend to pick up different types of nail guns for multiple purposes. However, the thing is not the same as this Freeman combo kit.
Apparently, with this kit, you can do all your DIYs because of the 4-nailers set. Moreover, stapling and molding accessories will accompany your kit. Also, the design features easy-finishing work.
Again, the nail gun takes good care of your delicate workpieces. Therefore, despite the sturdy materials, it balances everything out with its safety-grip. In total, it is a compact package for all your needs.
Freeman P4FRFNCB Features:
- It includes tools made of super-durable materials
- Apart from the molding, the kit combines all the best nailers for finishing, framing, and fencing.
- You get super-strong pneumatic nailers in a set of 4.
- This one comes with additional accessories for easy-stapling and molding.
- The size of the gun is compact, and you get a comfortable grip.
The exotic combo kit includes 4-different types of nailers. And so, you get to save a lot of time and money by purchasing this super-efficient kit.
4. Electric Brad Nailer, NEU MASTER NTC0040
Putting those extra efforts on compressors might seem a bit hectic. Again, if you are working with a much sturdier surface, you need an electric nail gun for molding. That is why this NEU MASTER nailer comes to rescue you.
If you are doing lighter works like framing or molding, this nailer provides you a much precise result. However, if you want to do things like flooring or roofing, you can easily change the power-settings.
Lastly, the nail gun ensures all the safety precautions. Nevertheless, you will always get a professional-finish without any disruptions on the quality.
Electric Brad Nailer Features:
- You can enjoy both the facilities of a brad-gun and a staple-gun with a single body.
- It features convenient adjustments for both soft and hardcore projects.
- You will get 800 brad-nails and 200 staples without any extra charges.
- It provides a smoother finish because of the protective rubber-nose.
- The nailer does not have a harsh-finish and offers you a much softer grip.
- You can alter the power settings anytime you want.
Because of the easy and convenient power-settings, you can work on any type of surface and still get a perfect result. Nonetheless, the nailer comes with tons of free tools. So, it saves your efforts in no time.
5. Hitachi NT65M2S Finish Nailer with Air Duster
Crown molding is not an easy job. You have to put things together in the accurate measurement and also make sure to check on the safety of your buildings. However, this finish nailer works best to make your job easier.
Firstly, it has a convenient air duster accompanied by a hole for exhaustion. And so, all you have to do is press a button, and it will start its action. Secondly, it comes with a protective tip that allows your buildings to remain safe.
Thirdly, you get defense-jamming facilities and easy depth-adjustments. And finally, the nailer provides you the smoothest transitions at a minimum time-interval. And so, it is perfect for your interior projects.
Hitachi NT65M2S Features:
- It includes a superior air-duster to release the air and pressure.
- Your work-surface will remain safe because of the protective no-mar tip.
- It controls the jamming with the help of its nail-extraction facility.
- You will get a comfortable grip for easier-action.
- The nailer features a drive-dial that will allow you to adjust the depths easily.
- You can switch between the modes in the minimum time interval.
The design of this nail gun specifically focuses on working with soft-woods and narrow spaces. Therefore, if you are looking for such facilities, it is the best option for you.
6. Senco 4G0001N FinishPro 42XP Finish Nailer
A Senco finish nailer is much more different than a regular nail gun for trim and baseboard. These nailers have a unique design to work on larger and heavier woods.
As you see, it is a 15-gauge nail gun with superior power and flexibility. And so, you can use nails of varying sizes and shift modes as you go. Not to mention, the process is quick yet user-friendly.
Also, it serves as a life-saving tool for carpenters because of its durable structure and long lifespan. Nonetheless, you will achieve a professional-looking finish every time you use it.
Senco 4G0001N Features:
- You can maintain the nailer without using any oil in your routine.
- The nail gun includes a rugged internal-engine that allows it to stay in shape for a long time.
- It is a 15-gauge nailer that supports nails between 1.25 to 2.5 inches.
- The entire outer-body is scratch resistant because of the magnesium-coating.
- It delivers the smoothest results in finishing jobs and works best for a carpenter.
This Senco can be considered an ideal thing for any heavy-duty project. And so, if you are doing stuff with larger furniture or doing jobs like flooring or finishing, you have to try this out.
7. PORTER-CABLE Finish Nailer (PCC792LA)
Maintaining an electric nailer is quite a hassle. So, if you don’t want to go through all those cables and compressors, this PORTER-CABLE nail gun could be the perfect option for you.
Because of the 100% battery-power, you get all the benefits without considering any extra labor. Not to mention, this also makes the entire process quicker and easier. Again, the design focuses on stronger-control and better maneuvering-quality.
Moreover, the nailer features a highly powerful motor with a large magazine-capacity. Nevertheless, you can also work on delicate textures without any worries. As a result, it is the best nail gun for home DIYs.
- The nailer operates via the battery and does not have extra cable-issues.
- You will get a large-scale magazine of 100-nails capacity.
- It will cut your costs of installing compressors, gas-cartridges, and hose-pipes.
- The design secures you and your working surface.
- The nail gun can work in any possible weather because of its motor-design.
Unlike the regular electric nail guns, you get to operate the PORTER-CABLE finish nailer with high-quality battery-power. And so, it becomes the most convenient and hassle-free option for your DIY projects.
8. Hitachi NT65MA4 Angled Finish Nailer
In most cases, a nail gun for crown molding shows a lot of problems while dealing with the fine-residues and jam-release. As a result, it blocks the pressure and reduces the overall lifespan of a nail gun.
However, nothing like that will happen if you have this Hitachi angled-nailer. Besides, it takes care of all the leftovers with the help of its air-duster. Moreover, it protects the surface because of the safe-guard design.
Nevertheless, it is easy to use on the wall-intersections because of the lightweight body. Also, it can rotate in almost 360-degrees. And so, you don’t ever have to worry about those crucial angles.
Hitachi NT65MA4 Features:
- You will get a high-quality air-duster that can blow away all the residues and keep the surface clean.
- It takes care of any user-fatigue with its super-light body.
- You don’t need any extra tool to clear the nose as it features a brilliant nail-extraction.
- The nail gun is compatible with any type of material because of its convenient drive-dial.
- It can rotate in 360 degrees and adjust the exhaust-portals as you like.
With the super-flexible ports, this nail gun offers you the best air and dust-exhaustion. Therefore, you get a cleaner, smoother, safer, and faster result with it.
9. Freeman PFN1564 Pneumatic Finish Nailer
When you are searching for a nail gun for trim and molding, straighter designs won’t do much for you. However, that is not a problem with this Freeman finish nailer for its superior angle-support.
Again, it is compatible with different nail-sizes and can pull out heavy tasks with higher power-settings. Not to mention, you get a tool-less adjustment-mode that makes it even more user-friendly.
Moreover, the gun supports multiple modes and works quickly without any jamming difficulties. As a result, you get a smooth and sharp result with a minimum amount of time and effort.
Freeman PFN1564 Features:
- This 15-gauge nailer can assist you in several ways with its 34°-angle.
- It features a range of nails starting from 1.25 to 2.5 inches.
- You will get a quick action while releasing the jam.
- Because of its dual-mode trigger, you can swap the modes without any time-loss.
- The nail gun runs smoothly and features a tool-less adjustment-setting.
This Freeman finish nailer has a concise fire point with flexible angle-support. Therefore, you can hold your gun and work on the intersection of the walls. And thus, it becomes an ideal nail gun for crown molding.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Nail Guns for Crown Molding?
We showed you all the features and advantages of these nail guns. However, some specific qualities separate them from others and make them the best nail guns for crown molding. And so, now, we are going to learn about the things that you will need to consider before buying one.
Design & weight:
The design of your nail gun depends on the types of nail you want to use. Again, your nail gun must not have a heavy body. Otherwise, it might take lengthy schedules to finish your work. And so, it better to stick to items below 5-6 pounds.
To get that perfect balance between strength and flexibility, you should pay attention to the materials. And so, always look for magnesium or aluminum nailers. As a result, you will enjoy a lightweight nail gun while keeping it super-durable.
You see, crown moldings need a bit of angular action. As a result, ordinary nail guns fail to achieve that precision. Therefore, you should always use the one with a defined angled-tip. Thus, you can penetrate easily between the intersections of the walls.
Power & speed:
You can choose a nail gun with an air compressor if you are working with a thicker substance. Otherwise, you can also choose an electric one for better convenience. Again, pick the one with the best loading-speed.
When you are working with a nail gun, you would more or less face these jamming issues. However, an ideal nailer must have enough precautions for it. Consequently, look for the release valves that can clear up the jam for you.
Different objects tend to have different textures. And so, you need separate depth adjustments for each of them. However, if you get yourself a tool-less one, you will be free from the hassle of these individual adjustments. Moreover, the adjustments should also include a proper exhaust-vent.
Grip & safety:
Getting that high-up and still maintaining your balance is pretty tough. Nonetheless, a strong-grip can save your day. Therefore, always look for a sturdier grip. Also, make sure that your gun has a protective-guard in it.
How to Choose a Nail Gun for Crown Molding?
At this point, you already know what to check out in a nail gun for crown molding. Nonetheless, it may be still confusing to you how to choose that distinct piece.
Therefore, here is how you can get your hands on the best one. We will be conducting the procedure in a sequence of steps. So, make sure to cross-check all the steps.
- Before starting anything else, observe your project and take notes of the dimensions of your crown-molding.
- After that, determine your gauge-length depending on the width-reading. For instance, if you happen to confront a much thicker one, you might need to choose a 16-gauge. Otherwise, prefer a brad-nailer or a pin-nailer to deal with the softer ones.
- Following that, it is time for you to consider the compressor type and the angle of it. If your working space is narrow or tight, you should always pick the one with good angle-support. Nevertheless, a straight one will do just fine if you are working on a broad section.
- Lastly, go through the descriptions of each of the products and compare the additional features.
In conclusion, you might choose any nail gun that you find compatible with your requirements. Therefore, it could be a finish-nailer, a brad-nailer, or even a pin-nailer. So, check on each of the steps and ensure the quality of the product.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We know how much effort you are putting into your search for the best nail guns for crown molding. Therefore, we accumulated some frequently asked questions for you to make things more understandable.
Can I use 18 gauge nails for crown molding?
Of course, you can use these nails. However, it is better not to use them for super-thick trims.
Should I get a 16 or 18 gauge nailer?
Well, the answer depends on a factor and that id the texture of your working-surface. In other words, if your trim is on the thicker side, use a 16-gauge one. Otherwise, you will do just fine with an 18-gauge nailer.
Should I glue tongue and groove?
You can try gluing them down. However, it will cost you more and also take much more time.
What is the most favorite pneumatic nailer for crown molding?
Well, the answer is pretty much up to you. Nonetheless, the NuMax brad nailer is a super-famous name among all the pneumatic nail guns.
Do nail guns need compressors?
If you are working with a pneumatic one, you will pretty much need an air-compressor. Otherwise, you don’t need to have those for other nailer-types.
What gauge nail gun for molding?
You need the amount that can penetrate easily in your material. Nevertheless, you can try out the 16-gauge one.
How do I look after my pneumatic nail gun?
Because of the air-compressor design, you should always look after the pressure-level of the nail gun and keep it in control.
Will I get better performance from an air-powered nail gun?
Yes, you will get it. More likely, when you are working with sturdier trims.
Should I opt for a portable option?
Absolutely. You should opt for that because you have to change its position all the time to get a precise result.
So, which one was your favorite among these best nail guns for crown molding? Well, we highly recommend the Makita AF505N Brad nailer and the NuMax SFN64 Finish Nailer.
However, all nailers are exceptionally brilliant, and you can select any of these. Nonetheless, whatever you choose, allow some decent amount of playtime to groom yourself. Eventually, all that experience will pay off and show you that desired precision.