Preparing the exterior walls of your house determines how long they will preserve integrity. If the exterior is prone to rust, dust, water, or humidity, a good painting is the best way to protect it. However, getting the best paint sprayer for exterior house isn’t as easy as it is for the interior. There are a ton of considerations to make for the best paint sprayer for exterior paint jobs.
It has to be well capable of getting you the highest density of spraying with optimal flow, speed, and flexibility. If you need a new paint sprayer for exterior or outdoor items, our expert team has a reliable list for you. Stick to the article to know the best paint sprayer for your next paint job coming ahead.
Table of Content:
Here is a list of all the sections we’ve covered in this article; click on the one that has your interest the most:
- 10 Best Paint Sprayer for Exterior House Reviews in 2021
- 1. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
- 2. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- 3. Wagner 0580002 Control Pro 190 Paint Sprayer
- 4. Vonhaus Paint Gun Electric Hvlp Spray Gun
- 5. Homeright Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879 Airless Paint Sprayer
- 6. Titan Controlmax 1500 0580005 High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
- 7. 5/8 Hp 3000 Psi Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
- 8. Graco 17g180 Magnum Prox19 Cart Paint Sprayer
- 9. Graco 17d889 Truecoat 360 Vsp Handheld Paint Sprayer
- 10. Titan Controlmax 1700 Pro 580006 W/ Cart High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
- What to Consider Before Buying a Paint Sprayer for Exterior House
- Frequently Asked Question
- Final Thought
Quick Comparison Chart For Paint Sprayer For Exterior House:
Short on time? Here is a quick comparison chart for the paint sprayers we’ve selected perfect for exterior jobs:
10 Best Paint Sprayer for Exterior House Reviews in 2021
If you’re after the best paint sprayer, it can get confusing to find the right one as there are too many options. Here are the 10 best paint sprayer for exterior house that you can get for a stunning finishing to your next paint job:
1. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
The Magnum X7 is a pretty impressive paint sprayer that comes with a high-efficient piston pump. It can paint at up to 3000 PSI to yield a high-end thick coat; ideal paint sprayer outside house. You can get a higher pressure to reach a higher place to paint or cover a big space with a long hose.
It comes with a 25 ft. long hose included, but you can use up to 100 ft long of a hose with it. You can use a 1 or 5-gallon bucket at a speed of 0.31 GPM covering up to 125 gallons per year. It works with different spraying tips up to 0.017 inches to get you a versatile painting capability.
You can spray directly from a gallon while using this sprayer without needing any extra pneumatic pressure mechanism. Controlling it is a piece of cake with the RAC IV SwitchTip with built-in reverse spray technology. Cleaning the machine inside out is also easy with its garden hose connector for an effortless process.
Graco Magnum 262805 Features:
- The Magnum X7 comes with an adjustable pressure controlling swichtip with reverse spray mechanism.
- It paints directly from a paint bucket of 1 or 5 gallons without needing any air pressure machine.
- You can use the machine with up to 100 ft. hose which is perfect for multi-storied buildings or large spaces.
- It works with a stainless steel 3000 PSI piston pump for a 5x more efficient painting than a hand painter.
- The sprayer comes with a garden hose adapter for an effortless and automated cleaning process.
The Graco paint sprayer is the best choice if you’re planning to paint the exterior of a multi-storied building. With its 0.31 GPM efficiency and a controllable 3000 PSI pump, you can easily paint anything with a high yield.
2. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
Just like the X7, the Magnum X5 is also an airless paint sprayer, designed to perform like a charm for outside painting. The best part about this painter sprayer is its capability of working indoors and outdoors both perfectly. It can paint from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket directly without an air pump for up to 125 gallons a year.
You can control the paint flow with the adjustable pressure controller knob for a variety of application possibilities. Plus, you can attach extended hose nozzles or pipe up to 75 ft. for more effortless painting even for multi-storied buildings. On top of that, the stainless steel piston pump can make your painting a breeze with up to 0.27 GPM of flow.
If you’re afraid of cleaning your paint sprayer, it can be the best option for you. It comes with a garden hose connector for automatic cleaning. You can connect the garden hose, let the water flow and clean it thoroughly effortlessly. Furthermore, taking the sprayer around is built-in with this bad boy because it’s portable with a handle and a compact design.
Graco Magnum Features:
- It comes with the TrueAirless technology in the spray tip supported for up to 0.015 inches.
- You can spray from a 1 or 5-gallon tank and use up to 125 gallons annually with this sprayer.
- It sprays at a maximum flow of 0.27 gallons per minute with up to 75 feet of a hose connected.
- For the cleaning, this machine comes with a garden hose connector for automated cleaning.
- It works with a high-end stainless steel piston pump that can land a thick coat of paint outdoors.
If you’re after a handy paint sprayer that works great for both outdoor and indoor works, the Magnum X5 is the way to go. It works with a heavy-duty pump and supports up to 75 ft. of a hose and has an impressive flow rate of 0.027 GPM.
3. Wagner 0580002 Control Pro 190 Paint Sprayer
The Wagner Control Pro 190 paint sprayer is an efficient paint sprayer that can help you save wasting paint. Its HEA (high efficient airless) technology helps you avoid overspraying up to 55% of the regular sprayers. On top of that, this technology helps you have a consistent spray pattern instead of an uneven one with softer results.
Painting house with Wagner sprayer can be an easy task with its 0.70 HP piston pump, producing 1600 PSI of pressure. This level of power can spray over 500 Gallons of paint a year and get you a professional painting capability. With its included 50 ft. hose, you can cover big projects which makes it the best paint sprayer for exterior house.
Besides, you can attach a longer hose of up to 100 feet to cover multi-storied buildings if you’re a professional. With the Wagner paint sprayer, you can use 1.5 gallon or 5 gallon sizes of paint bucket. It’s just pouring and spraying; no more hassle because it sprays at a high speed of 0.40 gallons per minute. The tip size of up to 519 surely gets you more juice for the game.
Wagner 0580002 Features:
- This sprayer has the HEA technology for 55% more efficient and consistent spraying.
- It has a 0.70 HP powerful piston pump to get you over 1600 PSI of pressure spray.
- You can spray at 0.40 GPM with it and up to 500 gallons per year from this pump.
- The machine supports up to 100 feet of hose and comes with a 50 feet long one.
- It has an automatic cleaning mechanism with a water bucket or a garden hose.
If you’re a DIYer with a heavy workload or a professional painter, this machine is perfect for you. It can spray 500 gallons of paint a year at 0.40 GPM using a 100 ft. hose powered by a 0.70 HP piston pump!
4. Vonhaus Paint Gun Electric Hvlp Spray Gun
Achieving painting perfection within a very affordable price can now be a truth with the Vonhaus Paint gun. It runs with a 6.5A motor to get you a maximum paint flow of up to 35 fl. Oz. The flexible hose can spray from any angle. After a thinning process, the machine can get you a perfect paint job for outside materials.
The paint station has a thermal cutout feature to keep it safe while using the sprayer for long. It turns off the motor if you leave it running and it gets hot. You’ll get a longer lifespan for this mechanism; however, you’ll have to wait for 30 minutes to start it again. In the meantime, it will get cool and keep the internal safe.
You can adjust the paint flow rate on this sprayer along with the flow volume with the adjustable nozzle. Maintenance and care is a breeze with the cleaning process it comes with. Furthermore, you’re getting both horizontal and vertical spraying angles. You will connect your garden hose to the hose, and start the machine; it will clean inside out.
Vonhaus Paint Features:
- This sprayer works with a 6.5 A motor with a flow capacity of up to 35 fl. Oz.
- Its hose is flexible and the nozzle is adjustable to spray from any direction, vertically or horizontally.
- The flow rate is adjustable for different surfaces; but a thinning process is necessary.
- Its thermal cutout method automatically shuts the machine off if used for 30 minutes in a row.
- You can clean the sprayer effortlessly with the garden hose connector.
If you need a small, handy DIY paint sprayer that paints well, the Vonhaus paint gun is for you. You can paint anything with it with an adjustable nozzle and paint flow along with an easy cleaning process.
5. Homeright Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879 Airless Paint Sprayer
The Power Flo Pro paint sprayer from HomeRight has a steel piston pump that produces 2800 PSI. It comes with a 25 ft. long spray hose to make the painting a breeze for a great maneuver. Talking of maneuver, it’s completely portable with a nice handle and built-in legs along with an intake holder.
It has a pressure adjustment dial which allows you to control how much paint gets out of the nozzle. The nozzle, on the other hand, has a reversible spray tip which can remove potential clogs while spraying. Furthermore, the sprayer works with both 1 and 5 gallon tanks at a high speed of over 0.24 gallons per minute.
Your paint job becomes even easier with its smart cleaning mechanism where you don’t have to put any effort! All you have to do is, connect the intake to a bucket of plain water or garden hose, and run the sprayer. No matter what you’re spraying, using the airless piston painting mechanism of the Power Flo Pro can make it a breeze.
Homeright Power Features:
- This paint sprayer works with a piston motor which is capable of producing 2800 PSI.
- It comes with a 25 ft. long spray hose for a better maneuver and less hassle.
- You’ll get a reversible spray tip with it for a better clog removal if and quick control.
- It can spray over 0.24 gallons per minute from a 5 or 1 gallon paint bucket.
- The mechanism is airless, and there is an auto, effortless cleaning system with it.
It’s a powerful painting machine for DIYers who want a professional output from a compact machine. You can easily carry it anywhere, and use the long 25’ hose for the job, clean, and unclog effortlessly.
6. Titan Controlmax 1500 0580005 High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
The Titan ControlMax has an impressive feature that other airless paint sprayers lack at. It’s the HEA technology that helps you deliver softer and consistent patterns, avoiding overspray. You can avoid up to 55% of overspraying on the air and save both time and money. Plus, the adjustable flow setting will surely help you.
You can use the onboard dial to control how much paint you’re letting out of the nozzle. Furthermore, the nozzle is capable of applying a coat 3 times faster and the efficient pump helps you on that. The 0.55 HP pump is capable of producing up to 1500 PSI to pull paint from a 1 or 5 gallon tank. It will spray paint at a high rate of 0.29 GPM for up to 175 gallons per year.
Bettez maneuver and usage is a lot easier with the 25 ft. long hose. However, you can use up to 75 ft. long a hose with it to paint bigger structures as well. Cleaning, storing, and maintaining are also easy with it because you get a handle, and an automatic cleaner.
Titan Controlmax Features:
- This sprayer has the HEA technology with a 55% less overspray capability.
- It has an adjustable flow rate dial to tweak the amount of paint through the tip.
- You’ll get a 0.55 HP pump with it to get up to 1500 PSI of spraying pressure.
- It uses a 1 or 5 gallon tank to spray at 0.29 GPM and up to 175 gallons in a year.
- You can use up to 75 ft. of a hose in it and a 25 ft. long hose comes included.
If you’re planning to paint your house, fences, exterior roof, or anything personal, it’s the machine for you. It has a decent painting capability with a reach of up to 75 ft. powered by a 0.55 HP pump.
7. 5/8 Hp 3000 Psi Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
This sprayer from Krause & Becker has a high-end 0.625-HP piston pump that can get you over 3000 PSI of pressure. It can easily get you a consistent painting experience with a better coverage with the high pressure. You can also control how much pressure you need from 1000 to 3000 PSI using its adjustment dial.
It also comes with a trigger lock mechanism to keep you consistent with the spray or the cleaning. For the cleaning, it has an effortless auto-cleaning system; you can use a bucket of water or the garden hose. The sprayer uses either 1 or 5 gallon tanks to intake the paint and comes with a built-in filter for the maximum sharpness.
To make the painting simpler, it comes with a 25 feet sprayer hose which gives you a great maneuver. Well, the handle on top and a firm bottom makes it even more portable and easier to use for big projects. It runs at a household 120-volts current and paints at 18 gallons per hour if you have a big project.
5/8 Hp 3000 Features:
- This paint sprayer works with a 0.625 horsepower piston pump for a high-speed spray.
- It comes with a spraying pressure from 1000 to 3000 PSI with an adjustment dial.
- You can use it with a 1 or 5 gallon paint tank and comes with a stainless paint pick-up.
- It works with an auto-lock sprayer tip that can spray up to 0.30 gallons per minute.
- You’ll get a 25 ft. hose built-in with this sprayer along with an auto cleaning mechanism.
It would be a bang for the buck for those who’re looking for a professional-level painter that works for them. You will get every feature that makes a good sprayer in it from adjustability, high pressure, to easy cleaning process.
8. Graco 17g180 Magnum Prox19 Cart Paint Sprayer
The Graco cart paint sprayer comes with a 0.875 HP powerful piston pump capable of spraying 500 gallons a year. You can spray at a rate of 0.38 GPM with its included tip of 0.019 inch for a professional finishing. Besides, the flow rate of the sprayer is adjustable with the built-in controller knob for different types of jobs.
Besides, the controller knob gets you up to 3000 PSI of pressure for a better output. You can use a painting hose of up to 150 feet; thanks to the heavy-duty pump. However, you get a 50 feet hose with the package along with the 515 switch tip and PowerFlush adapter. The PowerFlush allows you to clean the sprayer inside out with your garden hose effortlessly.
Plus, the PushPrime mechanism will surely get you a reliable start-up every time. It works with either 1 or 5 standard tanks while spraying and the suction tube is flexible for maneuver. The efficient spray tip will get you less overspray and work reliably, especially with the no-tool pump replacement design.
Graco 17g180 Features:
- This sprayer has a 0.875 HP piston pump that can make pressure up to 3000 PSI.
- It supports over 500 gallons a year and works with 1 or 5 gallon tanks.
- You can spray at a flow rate of 0.38 GPM with its 0.019 inch sprayer tip.
- It comes with a 50 feet hose and supports up to 150 feet hose for multi-storied buildings.
- The cart design and wheels make it easy to move and PowerFlush helps for cleaning.
Why go for an exterior paint sprayer rental when you can DIY it with professional finishes with the Graco sprayer? It can get you a multi-storied exterior paint job with the 0.875 HP pump and 150-feet hose support.
9. Graco 17d889 Truecoat 360 Vsp Handheld Paint Sprayer
The Graco TrueCoat is a multifunctional handheld paint sprayer that can work at 360° angles. You can use it like a small professional paint tool using the versatile airtight VacuValve technology. Its reversible 2-.015 inch spray paint tip allows you to unclog the sprayer without any special treatments. You’ll find this sprayer a perfect solution for DIY projects.
Its reusable 42 oz FlexLiner bag replaces the material cups and doesn’t spill while upside down. You can spray about 25 gallons of paint with it annually; the piston pump won’t let you down for that. Furthermore, you can adjust the painting speed and pressure with the included variable controller to fit the project you’re working on.
You can use it anywhere without needing any bulky paint buckets or gallons that often make a mess. On top of that, it works with any household 110 volts electricity; you don’t need any special adapter for it. No matter what type of painting you’re covering, exterior walls, fences, decks, roofs, or anything; this sprayer has got your back.
Graco 17d889 Features:
- This paint sprayer is a handheld one that can paint from any angle.
- It works with a steel piston pump with a variable speed controller.
- You’ll get the airtight VacuValve with a reusable 42 oz FlexLiner paint bag.
- It has a reversible 2-.015 inch sprayer tip to avoid any clog while painting.
- You can paint up to 25 gallons of paint with this sprayer in a year.
It’s a perfect paint sprayer for exterior latex, wood fence, or anything you keep outside with a handy control. Unlike other handheld sprayers, its compact and portable design with 360° maneuver control gets you perfection.
10. Titan Controlmax 1700 Pro 580006 W/ Cart High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
The cart paint sprayer from Titan comes with a complete airless sprayer design that doesn’t need an extra air tank. You can paint with it 55% more efficiently than other airless sprayers because of its HEA technology. Plus, It allows you to minimize the overspray issue and helps you paint anything 3 times faster than typical sprayers.
It has a pump with a decent pressure capability of up to 1500 PSI which can spray through a 100 ft. long hose. However, it comes with a 50 ft. hose inside and you can spray up to 300 gallons a year with this pump. This much pressure and hose intake allow you to paint multi-storied buildings without even carrying the card around.
You can spray at a rate of 0.33 gallons per minute with its 0.60 HP pump like a breeze without a hiccup. Keeping it clean and storing the machine is super easy with its automatic cleaning mechanism. It uses either a water bucket or your garden hose and cleans it through. Furthermore, you can keep the sprayer upright and move easily with the handle on top and cart-like handy design.
Titan Controlmax Features:
- This machine has 55% more efficiency with HEA technology to avoid overspray.
- It works with a 0.60 HP piston pump to produce an adjustable 1500 PSI pressure.
- You can paint at 0.33 GPM speed and up to 300 gallons a year with this machine.
- It supports up to 100 ft. of painting hose and comes with a 50 ft. in the box.
- You can clean it automatically with the garden hose adapter setting.
If you have the exterior paint for spraying and this sprayer, they combined can surely get you a professional output. It has a decent GPM rate with a huge 300 gallon annual usability along with a long 100 ft. hose connectivity.
What to Consider Before Buying a Paint Sprayer for Exterior House
Getting your first paint sprayer for painting an exterior project is different from buying one for interior jobs. If you don’t make some crucial considerations, you may end up getting the inappropriate machine. Here are the things you must know before you buy the paint sprayer and make the job a lot easier:
The first consideration you must make is the type of paint sprayer you’re getting in the first place. There are a few options, but as long as the exterior painting is considered, an airless painter has no alternative. If you get a painter with an air pressure tank, you’re going to regret losing a hefty amount of money. You cannot paint your house roof with this type of paint sprayers anyway!
The power of the pump of the machine matters and it depends on how big a project you’re handling. For professional usage, the pump usually starts at 0.60 HP and produces about 1500 PSI of pressure. Besides, if you have a big project to handle, try not to compromise on the power, or you’ll have to buy another!
Hose length of the paint sprayer matters a lot because it’s the thing that reaches the workspace from the sprayer. It’s not the same if you’re painting your exterior roof compared to painting a fence. Plus, if you’re placing the sprayer on the ground, a 25 ft. hose may not be enough while it’s just the right size for a fence. Nonetheless, do your math and consider having extra, like 50 ft. or more with the capability of 100 ft. or more.
Painting efficiency of the machine means how efficiently it can work, which includes how fast it works and how much it saves you. A good paint sprayer will have overspray protection for better efficiency. Furthermore, It should be able to spray both liquid based paints and oil based paints along with stain which is necessary.
Now, the measurement of the gallon really depends on what you are doing and how often you’re working. If you’re doing just some small DIY projects, 50 gallons a year is just fine. However, if you’re painting houses, multi-storied buildings, 150 gallons or more is important. A good sprayer will also come with a good flow rate like 0.30 GPM or more.
Frequently Asked Question
These are the answers to the most frequently asked questions that paint sprayer users ask and you might find interesting:
Is It Better To Roll Or Spray Exterior House Paint?
Painting a house isn’t like painting small furniture or an experimental project; it needs deep penetration. Only a spray painter gets you the right smoothness and rigidity the exterior needs.
Is It Worth Using A Paint Sprayer?
Using a paint sprayer is the best thing you can use if you’re a regular or hobby painter. It can get you professional output that no other processes of painting can get you whatsoever.
Is It Hard To Paint House Exterior?
Painting a house exterior can be tough in general unless you have the right tool. An airless high-quality paint sprayer can make the job a lot easier if you have one.
Do You Need To Thin Paint For A Sprayer?
Most airless paint sprayers require thinning to work efficiently as they don’t have heavy-duty pumps and that’s fine for most. However, some just have a pouring and spraying method.
Does Spraying Use More Paint Than Rolling?
In short, yes, spraying will use more paint than rolling at about 33% compared to regular rollers. However, the HEA sprayers waste less paint than regular sprayers and paint consistently.
Which Is Better Air Or Airless Paint Sprayer?
If you’re painting an exterior house or doing DIY projects, it’s better to go for an airless painter. Professionals with stationary long-time usage painters may consider Air painters as well.
Is It Better To Spray Or Roll Deck Stain?
Rollers are fine for deck stain, but that’ll be a lot time-consuming for obvious reasons. If you want to use sprayers, better set it on a low-pressure level and keep the nozzle close to the deck.
Painting a house exterior, garden fence, or anything outside can be quicker, easier, and professional if you use a paint sprayer. I hope, with the thorough suggestions, you’ve found the best paint sprayer for exterior house to get your job done.
However, if you’re wondering which will be the best overall paint sprayer, I can suggest you get the Wagner Control Pro 190 Paint Sprayer. With its 0.70 HP pump and 50-100 ft. hose in, you can paint whatever you want from oil paint to stain. Its pressure knob will help you control the flow and enable you to spray over 500 gallons a year with 0.40 GPM.