Do you think of buying a water separator for an air compressor for you but can’t decide which one will be best and suitable for you? Then, our article is the perfect solution to solve your problem. Our article on 10-best water separators for air compressors-in 2021 will give you detail information about these products.
There are various water separators from different brands that are available in the market; all of them are unique according to their features. Choosing the best air compressor water filter is not an easy task. Well, you don’t need to worry about that, this article will help you to choose the right water separator for you.
You don’t have to visit several shops to check details about the available water separators to find out which one is the best and suitable to meet your needs. We do check about that and choose 10 top picks best air compressor water separators to guide you. So, for further information about these products, read the rest of the article carefully.
Table of Content:
We research several water separators of different brands and pick best-10 water separators for you. In our article, you will get detailed information on these water separators in the following table, and you can inquire easily about the one you want to know in detail.
- 10 Best Water Separators For Air Compressor Reviews In 2021
- 1. THB- Heavy Duty 3/4″ Industrial Air Filter
- 2. THB 1/2″ Heavy Duty Particulate Filter
- 3. THB 1/2″ Water trap
- 4. In LINE Desiccant AIR Dryer ⅜” NPT.
- 5. LE LEMATEC Air Compressor Filter and Water Separator
- 6. Campbell Hausfeld ⅜” NPT Air Filter
- 7. PneumaticPlus SAF3000M-N03B
- 8. PneumaticPlus SAU3030M-N03G-MEP
- 9. THB-¾” In-line Air Compressor Moisture Separator
- 10. SMC AMG350C-N04BC Water Separator
- How to remove the moisture from compressed air?
- What to consider before buying a water separator for an air compressor?
Do you face a problem to select the right water separator for your air compressor? Here, we sorted them comparatively for you so that you can understand them easily with a quick overview. You can get an overall contrast among these products and will be able to select the right one to meet your needs.
THB- Heavy Duty 3/4″ Industrial Air Filter
THB 1/2″ Heavy Duty Particulate Filter
THB 1/2″ Water trap
In LINE Desiccant AIR Dryer ⅜” NPT.
LE LEMATEC Air Compressor Filter and Water Separator
Campbell Hausfeld ⅜” NPT Air Filter
THB-¾” In-line Air Compressor Moisture Separator
SMC AMG350C-N04BC Water Separator
10 Best Water Separators For Air Compressor Reviews In 2021
Here in this article, we do reviews on the best ten water separators for the air compressor and point out their features, pros, and cons so that you can choose the right product for you. We hope our article on 10-best water separators for air compressor in-2021 will provide a helpful guideline to select the right product for you.
So, let’s continue reading for further details.
1. THB- Heavy Duty 3/4″ Industrial Air Filter
THB 3/4″ Industrial Air Filter is a heavy-duty compressed air line separator that removes moisture, debris from your compressor. This heavy-duty airline water separator helps your air compressor as well as industrial tools a long-life working performance. It has a powerful 140CFM flow with a 3/4″ NPT female inlet and outlet port.
THB-heavy duty compressed air filter provides a maximum pressure of 175 PSI with a maximum 140 F temperature limit. This multi-stage compressed air line filter will remove oil, dirt particles, moisture, and debris from compressed air. THB 3/4″ industrial air filter offers a 1-year limited warranty for its consumers.
This heavy-duty industrial air filter gives a perfect filtration system. It comes with necessary CFM flow and comes fully maintenance free. It knows the job to manage impurity and other threats. It’s make and technical benefits make it one step ahead than other Air filters.
THB- Heavy Duty Features:
- This heavy-duty industrial air filter provides 1/8″ male NPT with auto drain system.
- THB heavy-duty Industrial compressed air filter provides a maximum of 175 PSI pressure.
- The dimensions of this product are 3.1 x 3.1 x 9 inches.
- It comes with a wall-mounting bracket plug-in feature that allows you to view the air pressure through the slight glass on the metal bowl.
- It provides powerful 140CFM flow with a 3/4″ female inlet and outlet port.
- It is a multi-stage compressed air line filter that removes water vapors, oil, dirt, and debris from compressed air.
- It offers a 1-year limited warranty.
2. THB 1/2″ Heavy Duty Particulate Filter
THB ½” NPT Moisture trap is a heavy-duty water separator that removes water vapor, debris, other contaminants from your compressed air. With a 1/2″ female inlet and an outlet port, it provides superior compressed air cleaning. The THB heavy-duty water separator produces 215 maximum pressure at 250 PSI. It provides a powerful 140 CFM flow with internal auto drain technology.
THB ½” air compressor moisture trap has a ⅛” male port within compressed air line and designed to rate low as well as high pressure. This water separator allows you to view the air pressure through the glass on the metal bowl.
THB, as the market leading manufacturer has brought this excellent piece of equipment to toil our pain. It does it’s job with superb performance to remove all harmful particles and keep the air compressor smooth. It produces the necessary amount of air pressure to remove the unwanted particles from the way and act in the front line.
THB 1/2″ Heavy Features:
- THB 1/2″ heavy-duty water separator removes water vapor, debris, and other contaminants from your compressed air.
- It provides long-lasting working performance of your air compressor and other tools.
- It has a 1/8″ male port within the compressed airline.
- It produces 215 maximum pressure at 250 PSI.
- The dimensions of this product are 3.46 x 3.03 x 8.94 inches.
- It has a wall mounting-bracket plug-in feature.
- The maximum working performance is 140 F.
- It protects your air compressor’s cylinder and valve.
- This heavy-duty water separator offers a 1-year limited warranty for its users.
3. THB 1/2″ Water trap
THB 1/2″ particulate filter is an air compressor moisture separator removes moisture from compressed air. It has a metal guard 5oz polycarbonate bowl with a 5-micron water separator to separate water vapor, debris from compressed air. This powerful compressor moisture trap produces a maximum of 145 pressure at 175 PSI. It provides a maximum of 106 CFM airflow during a working performance.
The semi-automatic drain holds water vapor, debris, and other contaminants in it. It helps to condense water vapors and keeps it for manual removal. This drain opens automatically in the absence of pressure. You can get this product at a very affordable price. The product’s dimensions are 3.2 x 7.4 x 3.4 inches.
This water filter has a unique built quality to trap all particles. From vapor, dust and oil, it manages water like breeze and has automatic water release when the proper pressure arises. Perfectly removal of these particles will increase the life of equipment. It performs much better than other filters of its genre.
THB 1/2″ Water Features:
- This product has a ½” NPT port.
- This water separator is made of polymer and metal.
- This item weighs only 12 ounces.
- It produces a maximum of 145 pressure at 175 PSI.
- The maximum airflow pressure of this product is 106 CFM.
- THB ½” particulate separator removes moisture, debris, and other contaminants particles from compressed air.
- It has a 5oz polycarbonate bowl with metal guard technology.
- This bowl holds contaminant particles during a working performance.
- It has a semi-automatic drainage system.
- The condense contaminants need to remove manually.
- It is a single-stage compressed air separator.
4. In LINE Desiccant AIR Dryer ⅜” NPT.
⅜” In-Line Desiccant Air Dryer is a superior air dryer with two desiccant beads at the bottom of it. This product will remove moisture and water vapor in the beads and dry your compressed air. It has a ⅜” NPT port in-line air dryer hose and applicable to spray guns, pneumatic tools, and plasma cutters.
A well-renowned T-H-B company manufactures this item that is an ideal in-line desiccant beads air dryer for compressed air. In-line desiccant air dryer weighs only 1.84 pounds. The upper housing is made of zinc. The included glass on the metal bowl allows you to view the air pressure during a working performance. This product’s dimensions are 3.15 x 7.24 x 3.35 inches.
When it comes to a matter of perfect air drying, then In-Line comes as the solution. It works for both Air Compressors and HVLP guns. It manages all threats of unsafe particles and keep the equipment safe. This is handy for different purposes of the Air Compressor and fights moisture and particles.
In LINE Desiccant Features:
- It is an in-line desiccant beads air dryer for compressed air.
- This product is designed to dry moisture from compressed air.
- Applicable to spray guns, pneumatic tools, and plasma cutters.
- Product’s dimensions are 3.15 x 7.24 x 3.35 inches.
- Ideal for small applications.
- It has a metal bowl with glass that allows viewing the air pressure.
- It produces a upto 145 PSI as maximum pressure.
- The maximum working performance temperature is 60 F.
- This item has a ⅜” female inlet and outlet port that is easily attachable to a ⅜” male port.
5. LE LEMATEC Air Compressor Filter and Water Separator
Le Lematic Air compressor filter and Water separator is a heavy-duty industrial in-line air compressor filter that removes water, oil, and debris from compressed air. It has a ¼” male inlet NPT port and ¼” female NPT port that works well at 90PSI. This 3-in-1 water oil separator air compressor costs only a few dollar.
This water-oil separator air compressor has a 110 cm x 1.2cm Teflon tape technology to ensure effective working performance. Le Lematic moisture trap removes water, oil, and other contaminant particles instantly. It also ensures a long life to your compressor’s tools. Le Lematic Air compressor filter reduces the air compressor maintenance costs as well.
Le Lematic is a well-manufactured product for regular maintenance. It manages the task from regular to occasional users most frequently. It handles the harmful particles and keeps the compressor safe with good care. The excellent warranty service responds to reports and deals with professionalism. Experts from Le Lemantec solves all issues promptly.
LE LEMATEC Air Features:
- Le Lematic Air compressor filter is a heavy-duty industrial 3-in-1 in-line air compressor filter.
- It has a ¼” female inlet NPT port and ¼” male port.
- This product removes moisture, water, and oil from your compressed air instantly.
- The aluminum metal body ensures long-lasting working performance.
- It has an airflow indicator sign in its label.
- It has a separate push valve system for easy drain.
- This product’s dimensions are 1.8 x 1.7 x 3.9 inches.
- This item weighs only 3.98 ounces.
6. Campbell Hausfeld ⅜” NPT Air Filter
Campbell Hausfeld 3/8″ NPT is an Advanced Air Filter that removes water vapors, oil, moistures, and other contaminants particles from compressed air. It is suitable equipment for spray paint guns. This dryer has a bowl with glass that allows you to view the air pressure. The oil removal filter can remove up to 99.9 percent oil from compressed air.
Campbell Hausfeld 3/8″ air filter has a sintered brass filter that holds 5micron contaminants particles and protects the compressor equipment from corrosion. It produces 57SCFM airflow at 90 PSI. With an easily maintainable quarter-turn drainage system. This item provides long-lasting working performance.
Campbell is the name of reliable manufacturing with perfect solutions. It works awesome in removing moisture and particle issues. When you install it on the main metal pipe, you are done with it. Choosing a perfect device can save your day. Just enjoy the perfect results from this Air Filter.
Campbell Hausfeld Features:
- This air filter is ideal for removing water vapors, moisture, oil, and other contaminant particles from compressed air.
- It has a ⅜” female NPT port that ensures superior air cleaning action.
- This product’s dimensions are 3 x 10 x 3 inches.
- The item weighs only 8 ounces.
- Campbell Hausfeld has Two separate air filter system to remove oil and water vapors from the compressed air.
- The desiccant bead changes its color while the need to change.
- It produces 57SCFM airflow at 90 PSI.
7. PneumaticPlus SAF3000M-N03B
The PneumaticPlus SAF3000M-N03B is a Korean manufactured air filter for compressed air. With a 10-micron standard element that offers various micron elements as options. It has a ⅜” NPT female port with two different material bowls metal and polycarbonate. It has two different drainage system auto as well as a manual for better filtering performance.
This PneumaticPlus Saf 3000m can easily be connected to the SAR regulator. This water filter weighs only 12.8 ounces and is comfortably adjustable to the required air compressor. It produces maximum air pressure of 140 PSI, and the working limit is 140F. It is an ideal air filter that removes moisture and other particles easily from the compressed air.
This well designed filter is easy to install and fights against moisture very well. Installing this filter away from the compressor will get the normal temperature. Then it’s easy to fight against all impurity and harmful particles. It does its job well and keeps you free from tension.
PneumaticPlus SAF3000M Features:
- The PneumaticPlus SAF3000M-N03B air filter.
- It has two different bowl systems for superior air filter action.
- This air filter uses 10-micron elements to capture different sized particles.
- It provides maximum air pressure of 140 PSI.
- This product’s dimensions are 2.8 x 7.9 x 2.8 inches.
- It has two different drainage system auto and manual for better moisture removal action.
- It offers a 1-year limited warranty.
8. PneumaticPlus SAU3030M-N03G-MEP
The PneumaticPlus SAU3030M- N03G is a three Stage Air Particulate Filter that provides maximum air pressure of 250 PSI. This air filter generates 150 PSI as maximum operating pressure. It has 10-micron cleanable polyethylene that removes moisture from the airline. This three Stage air filter removes 99.7% oil from the compressed air.
This 0.3 micron coalescing air filter provides foreign particles free compressed air that provides long-lasting working performance of your compressor and other equipment. It has a ⅜” NPT port with metal bowl and regulator. This air filter offers automatic moisture and oil separation as well as drainage activity that reduce your hassle.
When you are looking for a perfect solution, PneumaticPlus is the name. It does not require manually blowing off. In comparison to other air dryers and filters, this three stage is a big shot. While facing trouble, the after sale service is so friendly to hunt the problem down. Reliability comes with great care and the devotion from the manufacturer.
- It is a three-stage air filter that removes moisture and other particles from compressed air.
- It has ⅜” NPT port with a metal bowl that cleans the compressed air effectively.
- Its 0.3-micron filter removes 99.7% oil and other contaminant particles from compressed air.
- It has an auto drainage system to discharge the contaminant particles from the compressor.
- This product’s dimensions are 7.8 x 3.3 x 8.4inches.
- This product’s maximum air pressure limit is 150 PSI.
- This product costs a high, which is reasonable enough for its advanced filtering performance.
9. THB-¾” In-line Air Compressor Moisture Separator
THB-3/4″ in-line moisture trap is a heavy-duty industrial air compressor moisture Separator that removes moisture and debris from compressed air. With a 3/4″ FPT air inlet and outlet port, the 5-micron element filter ensures rugged performance in moisture removal. It has a metal bowl with glass that allows you to view the air pressure during working action.
It has an auto drain technology that provides a maximum airflow of 250 PSI. This product provides 185 CFM airflow that removes water vapors, oil, dirt, moisture, and other particles with ease. It ensures the long-lasting working performance of your compressor and other equipment.
This quality air moisture separator works like a PRO. It keeps the life of the Air Compressor for some extra years. This is a perfect protection for your equipment against moisture. In comparison to other devices, it tackles dust, oil, dirt and water with great care. One right decision will protect your valve and cylinder for better services.
THB-¾” In-line Features:
- It is a heavy-duty industrial in-line moisture separator.
- It has a 3/4″ FTP air inlet and outlet port that provides a maximum 185 CFM airflow.
- The 5-micron element filter collects water vapors, oil, moisture, and other particles effectively.
- This product’s dimensions are 3.86 x 4.69 x 12.68 inches.
- This item has an auto drain system to discharge contaminants.
- This air filter offers you a maximum oil capacity of 350 ml.
- This air filter reduces your air compressor maintenance costs.
- It provides a long life to your air compressor and other equipment.
10. SMC AMG350C-N04BC Water Separator
SMC AMG350C- N04BC is a small appliance water separator that removes water vapors from the compressed air. It has a 1/2″ NPT male and female air inlet port that ensures efficient air pressure. This product provides 1500 L airflow that provides active moisture removal action. It is equipped with a mounting bracket & plug-in system to be fitted in your air compressor line.
SMC AMG350C- N04BC has an NC automatic drain system that discharges the condensed water effectively. This compressed-air water separator is ideal for equipment shops. This air filter provides you water, dirt, dust, and other contaminants particles free clean air with a good range of price.
The quality of SMC can question the thousand bucks Air Dryer! So, why do you go for an expensive dryer again? It manages from humid months to common moisture with great performance. It’s a tension free solution for all of the Air Compressor owners. And for sure, it saves a lot.
SMC AMG350C Features:
- SMC ½” water separator for compressed air.
- It has a ½” NPT female inlet and makes an outlet port that provides a maximum of 1500 L airflow during a working performance.
- It has a mounting bracket with plug-in system to adjust to your compressor’s line.
- It has a 316 stainless steel body.
- This product’s dimensions are 4 x 6 x 12 inches.
- It is a little heavier (2.55 pounds) than other air compressor filters.
- This water separator can be connected with a regulator as well lubricator.
- It provides long-lasting working performance for air compressor tools.
- The powerful 1500L airflow removes water, debris, dirt, and oil during working performance.
How to remove the moisture from compressed air?
Compressed air is the fourth energy source for industrial manufacturers. Compressed air has air and vaporized water in it while compressed. The moisture or water should be separated from the compressed air to get the superior working performance of the industrial tools.
There are some strategies/ techniques to remove the moisture or water from the compressed air that is discussed below in detail.
Cool the compressed air:
The first strategy to remove water/moisture from compressed air is cooling down the hot air. This process condensed a significant amount of water from the air.
The condensed air can easily be separated from the air. You can use a heat- exchanger or an aftercooler to do this task.
The second strategy is that you can try over-compression pressure to remove water vapor / moisture from the compressed air. In this process, over-compression pressure is used to remove humidity and moisture from the compressed air.
The separated air allows us to expand to its usual working pressure to do its usual works. This kind of higher- compression is ideal for very small flow rates.
Use membrane drying system:
The next strategy to removing moisture from the compressed air is you can use the membrane drying system. In this system, the gas components process is being used to separate the water from the compressed air.
The separated water collected on the membrane coating fiber, while the filtered air continues flowing through the threads. And this process executed within the cylinder.
Use absorption drying system:
The next strategy that you can follow to remove/ separate moisture/water from compressed air is the absorption drying system. In this chemical system, the moisture gets dried to some liquid/ solid chemical such as sulfuric acid or sodium chloride.
Use adsorption drying system:
The last strategy that you can use to remove water vapor and moisture from the compressed air is the adsorption drying system. In this process, the vaporized water gets dried by flowing over a desiccant.
What to consider before buying a water separator for an air compressor?
Purchasing the right product can fulfill all your requirements as well as keep you tension free and save your money. Similarly, choosing an inappropriate product will be money costing as well as troubling. Knowing the main features will add value to your buying strategy. You can choose yours own that will run the race for you.
Choosing the right product sometimes becomes very troubling. You don’t need to be panicked. Here in this article, we provide you a proper guideline on what you should consider before purchasing any water separator for an air compressor. So, let’s find out the rest.
Determine the compressor’s operating pressure:
The first thing that you should consider before purchasing a water separator for your air compressor is you should determine your compressor’s expected operating pressure. Depending on the pressure you need a basic to three-stage water separator.
If you know about the expected operating pressure of your compressor, then you can easily choose the suitable water separator for you.
Determine the CFM requirement:
The second thing you should consider before purchasing your water separator is to determine how much CFM your compressor requires. It is an important aspect that you should consider to get superior water separating performance. Determine the accurate CFM that will help you to get a suitable water separator for you.
Determine the style of the compressor:
The next thing to consider before purchasing a water separator is to determine your compressor’s style. What is the form of your compressor? Is it portable or a stationary compressor?
You should always select a water separator that will be attachable to your compressor’s style. It will help you to get better performance in moisture separation action. Mostly the wall mounted filters are handy and perfect for you.
Determine the receiver tank size:
Another thing you should consider before buying a water separator is to determine the size of the receiver tank. I am sure that you don’t want to buy a tool that will be bigger or smaller than your required size.
Filter’s tank size depends on how much flows need to be managed. Determining the receiver tank size will help you to get the right product for you. Choosing for the best in the market is easy now.
Why Should You Buy the Water Separator for an Air compressor?
A water separator is an essential tool for the air compressor. Do you use an air compressor for your domestic use or industrial use? Then you should purchase a water separator for your air compressor. It will separate various contaminating materials from your compressor. A few bucks of investment can save your asset.
- This a filter for the Air Compressor you own. It took one step forward action against harmful particles.
- It manages all types of water, vapor, dirt, oil, Led, Mercury, and other things with great care.
- Protects your Compressor from any damage from contaminated air and impurity.
- Dissolves the water and air bubble in the air chambers and pipeline.
- Extends the working life of personal and industrial equipment.
- Ensures continuous air flow.
- Protects your cylinder and valve from damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ Why is a water separator mandatory for my air compressor?
Water separators keep my air compressor safe from water vapors and other harmful particles. It removes the moisture problem and extends the life of equipment with great care.
✅ Is it necessary to drain my air compressor after every single use?
Sure, otherwise the condensed water and other particles will clog into the tank and line. Draining the compressor and proper maintenance will blow out the moisture.
✅ How can I remove water from compressed air?
A multi-stage filter will do the trick as well. It will remove water and other contamination. You may find other filters with specialized techniques to do the job,too.
✅ What is the function of an aftercooler for air compressors?
Aftercoolers reduce the heat and cool the air compressor when discharged. It is specialized in removing water vapor or moisture with good care. It condense moisture into liquid and dries them up.
✅ Why do we need to remove water vapor and moisture from compressed air?
Moisture and water vapor takes place in the air compressor after each use. Temperature is a factor to leave air bubbles in the inner body. These will cause rust and weaken the main structure and cause damage in working performance. It’s a good decision to remove moisture with proper care.
If you want to buy the best water separator for your air compressor, then our article on best-10 water separators for the air compressor is for you. It will provide you a proper guideline to choose the right water separator for compressed air. We do reviews on the products as mentioned above and recommend you to buy Le Lematic Air compressor filter and Water separator.
Le Lematic Air compressor filter and Water separator are a heavy-duty industrial in-line air compressor filter that will remove water, oil, and debris from compressed air. It has a ¼” male inlet NPT port and ¼” female NPT port that works well at 90PSI. This 3-in-1 water oil separator will cost you only a few bucks. So, why delay? It’s the time to act and get things done.